July 11, 2022 – KOTEM is pleased to announce the latest version of the powerful EVOLVE Suite of software packages. EVOLVE enables you to efficiently define, communicate, and monitor design intent across your manufacturing enterprise.
The EVOLVE 9.0 Suite comprises (4) software packages:
What’s New in EVOLVE Design 9.0?
- Creo Bridge (optional)
- Improved annotation handling
- Characteristics panel
- Excel export
- GD&T/GPS enhancements
- “Replace” functionality
- Enhanced Reporting system
- Connection can be established between PTC Creo and EVOLVE Design in order to
transfer data back and forth between the two software packages.
- EVOLVE Design can load the CAD model and all the annotations (PMI) from the active
window of Creo with 1 single click.
- GD&T/GPS tolerances can be verified and changes/corrections can be applied inside EVOLVE Design using the GD&T/GPS Proofing panel and other useful tools.
- Changes can be sent back to Creo anytime.
*Optional: Part of EVOLVE Design Bridge
How to setup/use Creo Bridge?
- Run PTC Creo (versions 4 to 8 are supported)
- Load a part in Creo (if more than one part is opened in Creo, then the part in the “Active” window will be transferred)
- Run EVOLVE Design
- Click “Get CAD+PMI from CAD software” in order to load the CAD model and all the annotations (PMI) into EVOLVE Design
- Make changes and corrections inside EVOLVE Design based on Proofing messages and other tools
- Click “Send PMI to CAD software” in order to send back all the changes from EVOLVE Design to Creo
Improved annotation handling
- Improved annotation handling in order to display annotations and named views exactly as they are visible in the CAD software/QIF files.
- Redesigned Views and Filters panels to support the new annotation handling.
A compact table which lists all characteristics (size, traditional, and GD&T/GPS tolerances):
- Customizable column visibility
- Column order can be changed by drag&drop
- Ordering can be specified
- Search field
- “Filter by feature” function to only show the characteristics which are associated with the selected feature(s)
New “Excel export” function for exporting all characteristics (size, traditional, and GD&T/GPS tolerances) from the Characteristics panel into an Excel file.
Note: only the visible columns and the shown characteristics are exported out.
- Combined control: MMC boundary position tolerance on a pattern or surface feature can be combined with a datumless profile for GD&T calculation
- [BSC] modifier support
- Datum targets can be defined on theoretical and constructed features
- New “Remark” group is introduced to indicate the messages which do not require user interaction, but contain important information
The “Replace” functionality replaces regular 2D features (points, lines, circles) with constructed 2D features. The newly created constructed feature gets all tolerances (size, traditional, GD&T/GPS) from the original feature.
Use Case: Replacing 2D features coming from QIF files.
Benefit: Regular 2D features can be only evaluated if they have measured points associated, but constructed features can be evaluated based on their input actual features as well.
Enhanced Reporting system
- View report items:
- Improved scaling of annotations
- Views are set to use the maximum width of the report
- Filters panel is available in Reporting module
- Improved margin handling
- Header names are unified in different report items
- “Fit to page” function is introduced
- Enhanced QIF export/import functions
- Torus feature can be used as a source feature in Constructions and Traditional Tolerances
- Distance can be defined between a circle and a parallel feature
We hope the new features and improvements of EVOLVE Suite 9.0 will assist you to efficiently define, communicate, and monitor design intent across your manufacturing enterprise.
Feel free to contact us with any question!