SmartProfile® takes point clouds of data from part measurements performed on any measurement system, merges that data with the nominal CAD model of the part with GD&T tolerances, and automatically performs a result evaluation based on those tolerances.
SmartProfile uses ANSI/ISO-standard approved fitting methods, making it easy to apply GD&T tolerances to the model and fit the measured data for complete and correct GD&T evaluation – every time.
SmartProfile can import a number of popular CAD formats, including IGES, STEP, VDA, and STL. Some native CAD formats are importable too, via an optional converter module.
SmartProfile accepts measured data from virtually any measuring device – with or without tip radius compensation for tactile data points. Built-in point preprocessing tools are available to accept millions of points and reduce them to a reasonable size.
SmartProfile can evaluate surface profiles or geometric tolerances against Datum Reference Frames with:
- Compound datums
- Pattern datums
- Datums at MMC/LMC
- Partially constrained degree of freedom
- Composite tolerance zones
SmartProfile produces results in numerical/statistical format, and easy-to-interpret color maps. Reports may also be exported to several file formats, like PDF, CSV, HTML, or plain text format.
SmartProfile allows use of all types of tolerances, and provides optimization of results with true compliance to ASME Y14.5/1994 and ISO 1101 standards. Complete and correct analysis proves conformance even for the most complex parts.
SmartProfile eliminates the need for interpretation of GD&T standards, providing a correct solution even in the most difficult cases.
SmartProfile processes datapoints from any measuring system, making it easy to compare part measurements from different measuring systems.
Many common-format CAD files can be imported into a SmartProfile project, including: IGES, STEP, VDA, and STL. Some native CAD formats are importable too, via an optional converter module.
A wide range of operations can be performed on the 3D CAD model:
- Dimensioning of form and/or pattern features
- Simple assignment of Datums
- Easy application of GD&T tolerances on features, using an intuitive FCF editor
- GD&T tolerances of form, profile, orientation, location and runout
SmartProfile includes a built-in scripting wizard to automate evaluation into the production line or batch evaluation. Customized scripts using Python or C# are also supported.
SmartProfile version 2 is the latest release from Kotem. It includes a host of new features to simplify complex measurement problems, making it easier than ever to get the most from GD&T.
- The new point import wizard with built-in, reusable filter chain allows easier data preparation.
- Easy access toolbar with enhanced visualization modes
- Zooming in deviation statistics
- QC-Calc support in reporting
- Visual Script wizard for automating routine operations
- Powerful advanced scripting with Python and C#
- Simplified data exchange between SmartFit and SmartProfile
PDF (3.63 MB)
- Windows 7 (32/64 bit) or Windows Vista (32/64 bit) or Windows XP SP2 (32/64 bit)
- Intel compatible 2GHz or better (Dual or Quad core recommended)
- SXGA (1280x1024) or WSXGA (1440x900) or higher resolution
- 24 bit color (32 bit color depth recommended)
- 32 bit: 1 GB minimum / 2 GB recommended
- 64 bit: 2 GB minimum / 4 GB recommended
Free Disk Space
- 10 GB or more
- OpenGL 1.1 compliance is required
- nVidia graphics cards are recommended
- Onboard graphics chipsets, Intel graphics cards, and standard VGA only graphics cards are not supported