SmartProfile® from KOTEM is used by manufacturing professionals all over the world to evaluate measurement data for geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing compliance.
SmartProfile takes point clouds of data from part measurements performed on any measurement system, merges that data with the nominal CAD model of the part with GD&T tolerances, and automatically performs results evaluation. SmartProfile is fully compliant with the chosen tolerancing standard, such as ASME Y14.5 or ISO 1101.
Easy-to-Use GD&T Evaluation
SmartProfile makes it easier than ever to set up projects and evaluate parts. There are just four steps:
|1. Import CAD Model||2. Apply Tolerances||3. Import Measured Points||4. Evaluate & Report|
SmartProfile supports most common CAD formats (such as IGES, STEP, VDA, and STL) and native CAD formats (using an optional module).
SmartProfile can use points collected on virtually any measurement system and automatically align them with the model. Built-in point filters and tools are available to accept and process millions of points.
SmartProfile handles all tolerance types. The software evaluates even the toughest computational challenges, including:
- Partially and fully constrained datum reference frames
- Composite and compound feature control frames
- Material condition modifiers: correctly simulated tolerance zone size and mobility
- Pattern datums and pattern features
- Freeform datums and features
- Simultaneous and separate requirements
- Axis and surface interpretation
SmartProfile produces both numerical results and easy-to-interpret visualizations and color maps. Evaluation reports may also be exported in multiple formats, like PDF, CSV, HTML, or plain text.
SmartProfile supports all tolerance types and evaluates measurement data with true compliance to ASME Y14.5M-1994, ASME Y14.5-2009, and ISO 1101 standards. Complete and correct analysis proves conformance even for the most complex parts. Additionally, users can choose to use the traditional least squares fitting to evaluate their projects.
- SmartProfile eliminates the need for interpretation of GD&T standards, providing a correct solution even in the most difficult cases.
- The model-based interface naturally leads the workflow from importing data to generating the report.
- SmartProfile separates part measurement from its evaluation and frees up valuable hardware time.
- The built-in scripting wizard can be used to automate evaluation in the production line. Customized scripts using Python or C# are also supported.
What's New in SmartProfile 3
SmartProfile version 3 is the latest release from KOTEM. It includes a host of new features to simplify complex measurement problems, making it easier than ever to confirm design intent and GD&T compliance.
- In addition to the existing support of ASME Y14.5M-1994, SmartProfile 3 now supports ASME Y14.5-2009 and ISO 1101, allowing evaluation to all existing and latest tolerancing standards.
- The Explanatory system displays quick tips and explanations on request and provides links to sections of the included ASME Y14.5 standards for further details.
- The new feature control frame editor proofreads the tolerances and issues suggestions and warnings if it suspects incorrect entires. It also fully supports multi-segment position and profile tolerances.
- Graphical and text reporting is fully flexible and comes with an interactive live preview so changes can be done on the fly.
- Customizable configuration allows each user to organize the window layout to their liking.
- Layers, identifiers, colorization, search, and sort functionalities have been added to organize large projects.
- SmartProfile 3 automates and seamlessly integrates data collection in QVI's Measure-X® and MeasureMind® Metrology Software with its analysis in SmartProfile.
PDF (3.16 MB)
- Intel compatible 2GHz or better (Dual or Quad core recommended)
- SXGA (1280x1024) or WSXGA (1440x900) or higher resolution
- 24 bit color (32 bit color depth recommended)
- 32 bit: 1 GB minimum / 2 GB recommended
- 64 bit: 2 GB minimum / 4 GB recommended
Free Disk Space
- 10 GB or more
- OpenGL 1.1 compliance is required
- nVidia graphics cards are recommended
- Onboard graphics chipsets, Intel graphics cards, and standard VGA only graphics cards are not supported